Thursday 2 October 2008

Dear John McCain, Hi. Are you serious?

Okay, I'm sorry to do this because I know this is supposed to be an update blog, but I felt so inclined.
Here is a letter that I would love to send to John McCain if I knew he'd actually personally read it:
Dear John McCain,
Hello. My name is Kadi McDonald. I am a registered Democrat and during the May primary elections, I was a hardcore Hilary Clinton supporter. I have loved the Clinton family since the wonderful year of 1992 when Mr. Clinton became President of the great USA and once again in 1996 when he was reelected. I was disappointed with our government system when they brought Mr. George 'Dubya' Bush into the white house after not even winning the popular vote. But, granted, I was nowhere near voting age, so I'll let that one slide. I missed the 2004 election by 11 sorry months and, let me tell you, was VERY embarassed and disappointed in the American people for reelecting that joke. Over the past 8 years, I, like most other Americans, have watched our government plummet into a multi-trillion dollar deficit; be attacked by a crazy group of terrorists who destroyed one of the most monumental things we had in the States as well as hundreds of innocent Americans; start a war with the world because we think our way of government is the best and only way; and destroy the American dream and love of capitalism and a free market because the government spends money it doesn't have, so why can't everyone else? I have had enough and I could not be happier that G-Dub's term is coming to an end.
But now that we're around again for the 2008 election, I am overseas studying politics and couldn't be happier that I am missing your Obama-bashing campaign. However, what it is that I can't seem to escape, even an ocean away, is the ignorance of your vice-presidential candidate. At one point, I was so upset that Hilary wouldn't be in the election that I had considered voting for you. I thought your experience and your knowledge and history would be just what this country needed to pull out of this funk. But clearly your knowledge wasn't what I thought it was. I mean, really, Mr. McCain, are you kidding? A female ex-mayor and governor of Alaska? Don't get me wrong - I'm all for the whole female thing. I think it's great to see women rising up into these important positions. But where I think you made the mistake is selecting a woman who has virtually no political experience, with no female qualities (except her appearance) - in layman's terms: an inexperienced man in women's clothing. You didn't pick any Hilary, that's for sure, so you didn't win over us Hilary supporters. We're smarter than that - we're not swayed by pink lipstick and talking about children and cooking and family. We are educated, caring and compassionate women who don't want to see this country in the hands of a crazy soccer mom who knows nothing about any of the issues that are the most important to this country.
How do you respond? Do you watch her interviews and listen to what she says? Do you laugh? Do you cry? Do you bury your head in your hands and regret the day you made the announcement that she'd be your running-mate? Do you often send kisses through the air to kiss every chance of a presidential win goodbye? No? Well you definitely should!
Sarah Palin is in no way fit to run this country and with her horrible public speaking skills and less-than-mediocre knowledge of the country, your campaign is as good as over, Mr. McCain.
I wish you the best of luck as a Senator, because you really are doing a great job. But please, please. If you ever consider running for President again, please make your decisions wisely. Especially the most important one of all.
Sincerely,
Kadi McDonald
I also want to post this video - it's one of many analyzing the wonderful interview Mrs. Palin gave Katie Couric. All I can say is I have a ton of respect for Couric, because if I ever had to interview that big of an idiot, I'd never be able to stop laughing.



3 comments:

Sweeper of Dreams said...

Simply spectacular! Please, please do send it... I'd love to see if anyone in his campaign would even grace you with response. Someone needs to be accountable for that dumb choice.

Anonymous said...

Palin is just as experienced as obama - if not moreso...she actually has executive experience. Obama just sat around and voted on stuff in the senate for 2 years! Also, look at videos of obama without a teleprompter, he's a joke in a townhall setting just as Palin is.

Anonymous said...

Amazing post!