Thursday 2 October 2008

Europe is so amazing.

So here we are at the near end of another week. I can't believe the days are flowing by so quickly. This week has been pretty amazing and I can only imagine how much better it's going to get.

Friday, I finally got to meet up with Ads. We had coffee and made plans for the following evening and just kind of caught up a bit, since it's been over a year since we'd seen one another. But no worries on the banter starting up immediately, because it definitely did. Also, as I mentioned, Saylor came in. We let her settle in and took her around the Bay area to show her just how beautiful our temporary home really is. Then we headed downtown to the pubs and clubs for a night of dancing and ended up having an absolutely hilarious time with all of the creepers frequenting Walkabout (an absolutely horrendous club).
Saturday during the day, we took a bus out to St. Fagan's and walked around the Welsh Heritage museum. It was so pretty outside that day and I got some unbelievable photos that my computer later decided to destroy (along with my memory card) before I could get anything saved to the hard drive. Great. But, it was still beautiful to see in person and I was really excited to finally get out to the countryside that I've heard so much about.
Saturday night, we got ready and went down to Oceana, a pretty legit club downtown, to meet up with Ads and his friends. We ended up having a really fantastic time and Katie and I didn't manage to get home until 3:30 that morning.
We spent most of the day Sunday laying around and walking around outside enjoying the beautiful weather. I cooked dinner for Ads and Matt, making a crucial mistake on the chicken that involved me having to throw it all back in the pan mid-meal (stupid gas stoves) and suffer an evening of embarassment. We all hung out for a while post-meal and watched Family Guy, of course, which was hilarious because I had to explain some of the jokes to them (including one about Chris Farley).

This week has been pretty busy at work. We've been working hard on trying to get this Child Poverty event organised and Alun has been pretty busy with meetings and debates and such, so it's been rather chaotic in the office. Yesterday, Rhi and I went to Trinity University in Carmarthen to do some Labour Party campaigning at the student involvement fair. We got a few dirty looks, but got rid of all of our pamphlets and information, so all and all it was a success. On the way back to Cardiff, Rhi took me by her house in the valley and we drove through some of the countryside. I got to meet her parents and her dog and then we went downtown to finish out the day with some boutique shopping. We ended up spending about an hour in the department stores, though and I found an ADORABLE dress for pretty cheap. Then we went to a pub in the Bay to meet up with some people from the Labour Group office and ended up having a pretty good time until everyone got hit with a wave of sleepiness and decided to call it a night.

Today, we're more than likely finalizing Child Poverty plans (I hope) and then tomorrow, I head off to London after work for my first trip away from Cardiff! I'm going to a Child Poverty rally on Saturday afternoon and will hopefully be meeting up with Toby (another friend from camp) for numerous shenanigans.
Next weekend, I'm taking the train up to Edinburgh to spend the weekend with John (another friend from camp), so I'm really looking forward to that too!

I hope everyone is doing well and that this economic crisis we've got on our hand here isn't affecting your amazing lives too bad. I miss you all so much! XXXXOOOOOO.

No comments: